Here are my thoughts about this conferences. This thoughts are not representative and some aspects are omitted. They are just my own thoughts about this conferences. I don't plan to discuss every presentation that I participate. If you are looking abstract of presenations it's the wrong place.
The good:- Dino Esposito -> my colleagues from work had very good memories of Dino from last year and they could not wait for him. If they could not wait for him, that means me either. And I was not disappointed. Dino was one of the bright star of that conference and I remember him very warmly. He had 3 presentations:
- ethics in work / conferences. Don't work for technology buzzwords. Work for your client needs.
- new functionality of SQL Server 2016 and 2017 -> every table will now can have it's own history (second built-in table for storing changes history)
- UI session -> user on each platform (PC / Smartphone) expects different UI
- Daniel Marbach -> great session about async/await and the task parallel library. One of the best conferences speech in this conference. Tricky topic but necessary. If I had some free time I would practice task from his presentation (available on github). I regret that I don't saw his second speech.
- Cloud -> this topic started to be discussed in various scenarios. It's time to start thinking about it (and learn something about it).
- Food -> it was delicious. Especially the dinners.
The bad:Too long -> Thursday was too long. We came at 9 am and the last prelection ends at 7 pm. And there were also Q&A with speakers. Whole planed to 10 pm. That was too long. I came before the end and I really don't know about they talk at the end. I also talk with few friends and they don't know either :-(
And the ugly:- cards with colors -> Missed cards with colors to evaluate the session after departure. I like those cards because I can notice what session I missed and is it worth to watch them later in youtube.
- smog -> when the conference was held we had a little smog in Warsaw and I feel it. After some time my head ached. I don't like smog :(